June 13, 2008

Irises Are In Bloom



I snapped this pretty photo of some of my irises that are blooming. My sister had brought them over last summer after finding them tossed beside a dumpster. I planted them along the fence between rose bushes last summer and this year they are just beautiful. I just don't understand why people are so wasteful. Especially when there are people like me who love plants and would love to be gifted with any root or cutting. Earlier this spring I thinned out my day lilies and gave away ones that I dug up. They ended up at my sisters in her garden, my husband's business partner's yard and in front of the newly renovated house that they were working on as a fix and flip project.

It makes me want to start some kind of plant exchange. Any one in the South Denver area interested?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com